Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 6 - Week 7/24

I've been really bad about writing lately. Fortunately, I've been less bad about exercising.

Two days ago (thursday) I ran 3.8 miles with my dad. Yesterday, I did 3.5. Today, I woke up to about three inches of snow on the ground, and so did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike.

My cardio fitness seems to be getting better. During these runs, I feel like I'm being held back my my legs, rather than my lungs, which is a nice change.

--- Part 2 ---
My dad convinced me that the weather wasn't that bad. So I ran another 3.5 miles today. I'm still needing to walk a bit during these runs, but it's definitely getting easier.

His advice is to focus on my breathing. He says that it makes the little aches less noticeable.

As far as personal stuff, Christmas went really well. My cats got a great haul, and are more or less making peace with the dogs. Somehow, Tobin's Chihuaha has realized that it can chase the cats around. It's pretty funny watching a toothless 4-pound dog chasing 25 pounds of cat.

No comments: