Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 1: Traveling to New York

Got up at 6:30 and was out the door by 7. No troubles getting to the
airport or through security (they didn't even notice that I forgot to
take my toothpaste out of my bag). We arrived in Burlington around
noon, and met up with family.



Since it was lunch time, we got to stop at one of my favorite VT
restaurants: Al's. They're a burger place that serves
fried-clam strips. The food was great.




Next, we went to Cheese Traders, another great little store. They're two floors of just wine, cheeses, and Vermont
products. We met up with Morgan and Tobin, and went with them to run
a few errands.




A couple hours later, we were on the ferry across Lake Champlain to
NY.




The weather was cool and windy, a nice change from Champaign.




Then, about 5pm we got into Keene Valley. The summer's been pretty rainy and all the water has made the plants amazingly green.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I can't believe you got up at 6:30 am!